Patong's nightlife spills out in all directions but the centre of the maelstrom is Bangla Rd and its four sois: Crocodile, Eric, Gonzo, and Seadragon, packed with a frenetic mix of pubs, beer bars, and go-go bars. Soi Crocodile is also known as Soi Katoey, a reference to its many transsexuals. There are also a couple of good nightclubs with dance floors, unusual in Thailand otherwise.
Drink prices in Patong can vary, sometimes wildly, between bars, even those right next to each other offering nearly identical atmosphere and patronage. Be on the look-out for drink specials, and do not be afraid to ask for a drink menu if it is not readily available.
- Irish Bar. Nice and less expensive place on Beach Rd, though not with a view of the beach. One of the few places in Patong to sell Guinness. Has a Celtic cross made of (empty) Guinness cans.
- Little Aussie Town Aussie Bar (OTOP Shopping Paradise, Rat-U-Thit Rd). Daily, 12:00-02:00. An outdoor bar. Frequently serves free food. The bar is equipped with a TV showing cable channels. Suitable for all ages and nationalities.
- The Manchester Arms (Opposite Jungceylon Shopping Plaza). It's the best place to watch the sports and they have an occasional live music jam with some of the island's best musicians. They are the only bar in town playing music from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s. Reasonable prices and they have Aussie beers and Tetleys Bitter from the UK on draught.
- Molly Malone's. Nice place to sit down and have a decent pint or two. The prices are a bit high, but if you need some good pub food and want to sit back and watch the human traffic plus the great music band, this is a good enough pub.
- Rock City (at the top of Bangla Rd, away from the beach). A palace built to rock music. They promise to "rock your ass off" and they do with excellent rock tribute bands. It's like going to a mini-gig every night. A bit pricey, but well worth it.
- Saxophone (On the beach road). The little brother of Bangkok's most famous live music venue. They have top quality jazz, blues, funk, and soul outfits there each night and the place is very well-designed. Can be hit-or-miss with the bands, but usually very good quality.
- De Tapas Bar, Nanai Rd 91/1, ☏ +66 84 8522404. 22:00-24:00. Only Spanish restaurant on the island of Phuket, with Spanish chef. Medium prices, high quality.220 baht.
- Cocktails and Dreams (Near the Tiger complex off Bangla Rd). See a ladyboy cabaret for free!Free admission.
- Simon Cabaret. See the famous ladyboy show at Simon Cabaret.Adult VIP, 800 baht; Adult regular, 700 baht.
- Banana Disco (Thawiwong Rd, 50m S of Bangla Rd). Small, but good DJ.Admission, 300 baht, including 2 drinks.
- D Club (Soi Crocodile, Bangla Rd). Nightclub under joint Thai/Swedish ownership.
- Tai Pan (Soi Crocodile). The daddy of all Patong's discos, the best music and lights and always very busy, at the top of Bangla Rd at the traffic lights.