Chalok Baan Kao
Chalok Baan Kao is a much more chilled, relaxed environment than Sairee Beach, while still giving access to a great range of restaurants, beach bars and BBQs plus a wide range of accommodation from luxury resorts to budget rustic, beach side bungalows.
- Alvaro Diving & Taraporn Bungalows, Chalok Bay (Follow the small concrete bridge from the main beach to Taraporn Restaurant. The bungalows are on the next 2 small beaches), ☏ +66 77 456457, ✉ email@example.com. Check-out: 10:00. PADI & SSI diving in small groups. Small family run dive and free dive shop with new equipment, flexible boat schedules and friendly multilingual staff and a relaxed atmosphere. Small quiet outer beach of Chalok Ban Kao south of Ko Tao with bungalows at the beach. You can play volleyball, go swimming or kayaking.500-800 baht.
- Buddha View Dive Resort. A resort primarily for divers with a range of budget to deluxe accommodation. Beach side cafe, bar and nightly BBQs.
- Freedom Beach Resort (Chalok Baan Kao Bay), ☏ +66 77 456596, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-out: 09:00. Beach front bungalows for every budget although many are in need of refurbishment. All the bungalows have air-con and hot water although lack fridges and TV. Two beaches in front and a quiet location 10 min walk to the Chalok Baan Kao Beach. Unfortunately there is quite a lot of old construction material dumped around the resort and nearby coastline. Inconsistent electric supply.From 500 (fan)-2,500 baht (air-con bungalows).
- Sunshine Resort 2 (Bungalows) (Chalok Baan Kao Bay). Check-out: 09:00. Bungalows with 24 hr electricity, windows have mosquito nets. Some bungalows have no wall electrical outlet. Friendly staff. Western toilets, but with a pail and water replacing the normal flush function.300 baht bungalow with double bed and fan..
- Woodlawn Villas, ☏ +66 844459672, ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 10:00. 18 villas, apartments and double rooms within 2 acres of private grounds, set within a natural valley of the jungle, surrounded by coconut palm trees, lawns, tropical gardens and a swimming pool. The closest beach is just minutes away called Chalok Bay.950-8,000 baht.