Over the last couple of years more and more non-divers have discovered the beauty of this island with its secluded little bays and unspoiled mountain ridges. Due to this, and the increasing number of small upmarket resorts and villas nestled in the hillsides there are now a lot more activities available, including sailing, rock climbing (trad routes, sport routes, top rope routes, and bouldering), abseiling, cliff jumping, wake boarding, mini golf, or bowling in Mae Haad, massage and yoga courses, and cooking courses.
- Bowling and mini golf (On the main road between Mae Haad and Chalok Baan Kao just after the turning for Aow Leuk). The bowling is "manual". There is a guy at the end of the alley that sets up your pins for you after each bowl and returns the ball down to you.
- Dive Career Internships. Divemaster and dive instructor internships, underwater videographer training, and resort management courses with experienced PADI course instructors.
- Good Time Adventures, Diving, Beach Cafe and Bar, ☏ +66 87 2753604. South Sairee Beach. Small group Scuba Diving courses with flexible schedules. The only shop on Ko Tao with a weekly trip to Sail Rock. A wide range of adventure activities including: rock climbing instruction up to lead climbing and a guiding service, abseiling/rappelling, cliff jumping, snorkelling, wake boarding, boat cruises. Beach Cafe and Bar serves a tasty variety of Western, Thai and Burmese dishes on the beach.
Hike to one of the secluded bays on the northern and eastern side of the island. On the 2 hr walk through the jungle to Mango Bay you will hardly meet any people. The snorkelling there is good.
- Island Cruises (Sailing charters). Day and sunset cruises, private charters, Ang Thong National Marine Park safaris and fully customised crewed charters.
- Koh Tao PROvideo. A videography company. Run by experienced underwater videographers and instructors who film and teach every day. Each course is tailor made.
- Monsoon Gym and Muay Thai Camp. For those looking for a serious workout. Muay Thai courses are provided and you can step in the ring for a real bout when you're ready.
Mountain Biking There is a shop renting mountain bikes next to the bowling and mini golf course. Mountain bikes are in reasonable condition. 100 baht/day with a 1,000 baht deposit.
- Oceans Below-underwater Video Training. 3 and 5 day courses in underwater videography and offers professional-level training for those looking to make a career of it. All training done with HD video cameras.
- Ocean Sound Yoga, ☏ +66 82 4126240. Vinyasa, Yin, Meditation, Hatha and Restorative yoga classes offered daily. High quality equipment provided. All levels welcome.
- Thailand Gap Internships. 1-7 month internships in Pro HD video training, muay Thai, free diving, PADI instructor, divemaster and technical dive courses.
- Good Idea Massage, 5/28 M. 2, Mae Haad (~150 meters from the pier on the left towards the top main road on the right side), ☏ +66 84 3840834. Thai massage, oil massage, foot massage, body scrub, reflexology massage. Also waxing hair removal treatments from the face and body – for women and men.
- 1 Parawan's Thai Home Cooking Classes, 13/82 Sairee (From Sairee cross roads where 7-11 and the Brother Bar/Restaurant is head east towards Hin Wong bay up to Asia Resort and turn left there and follow the road around and then turn left again after the Budchui shop and go down past the Jitsin laundry and turn right. Head down towards the end of the street and it's the second to last house on the left), ☏ +66875114654, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 9AM-5PM. Parawan offers Thai cooking classes at her home on Koh Tao and online.1500THB.