Accommodation is relatively expensive. Doubles range from 400 baht up into the 1,000s the closer you get to the beach front. If you are on a budget expect to work hard to find a decent price. If you get really desperate, a couple of places rent out tents for about 200–300 baht. Prices double during the high season of Oct/Nov-May. Other times of the year you can find relatively cheap accommodation for around 200-300 baht.
To have the best choice for accommodation, arrive on Phi Phi just before the full moon party, when most people will be on Ko Pha Ngan. Since a lot of people move from Ko Pha Ngan to Ko Phi Phi after the party, accommodation may be very hard to find on Phi Phi around this time. It is not uncommon to see people arrive on the morning ferry only to leave in the afternoon because they have been unsuccessful in finding accommodation.
Backpackers need only to look further east on the main street for relatively cheap accommodation. Certain guesthouses have dorms, and some have reputations for being good sources of camaraderie and parties. Compare. All the dorms are different.
- 1 Coco's, 224 M .7 (30 meters from the viewpoint stairs, 12 minutes walk from the pier), ☏ +66 75 401600, fax: +66 75 401600, ✉ email@example.com. 08:00-20:00. Check-in: 14:00-20:00, check-out: 08:00-11:00. Rooms at the quiet edge of the village underneath viewpoint hill, 4 minutes walk to Loh Dalum Beach and the village; see map. Budget, standard and superior fan and air conditioned rooms with WiFi.500-3,000 baht.
- Oasis Guesthouse. Nice fan rooms with clean shared baths. Close to bars/restaurants but the noise doesn't make it to the rooms. Prices are simple, no negotiating but good prices on rooms, tour packages and travel to mainland.500 baht.
- Phi Phi Hill Resort (Long Beach (Had Yao)), ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Great budget bungalows. Expect plenty of stairs to and from the beach (though there is a pulley system for your luggage). Sunrise bungalows 700-750 baht (fan) and Sunset bungalows 1,200-2,000 baht (fan or air-con, with breakfast).700-2,000 baht.
- Phi Phi Rimlay. Very nice air conditioned rooms near the beach.From 800 baht.
- The Rock Backpacker, ☏ +66 75 601021, ✉ email@example.com. Clean, friendly place, excellent for meeting other tourists.200 baht dorm beds, 300 baht tiny singles and a few 500 baht doubles (prices double during high season).
- View Garden Resort. Rooms with bath, double bed, and shared balcony.300 baht.
- Chao Koh Phi Phi Lodge Resort (on Ton Sai Bay a 10-min walk to the pier). Nice resort with fan and air-conditioned rooms near the beach.1,200-3,500 baht.
- Holiday Inn Resort. A great place to get away for couples and families. It is expensive by Thai standards. There are no clubs or bars in this area, and to get to any clubs or bars is by a 45 minute longtail ride. There are 4 resorts clustered on one beach. Food at the resort is expensive, but there are two independent restaurants nearby. On the longtail boat journey back from visiting Ko Phi Phi Leh, it's recommended to stop at Ton Sai Bay for provisions as it's one-third the price there.1,800-4,200 baht.
- Kinnaree House (center of Ko Phi Phi). Rooms with private bathroom, twin or double bed.1,000-2,000 baht.
- Phi Phi Andaman Legacy (on Ton Sai Bay; after getting off the boat, about 7-10 min walk straight on the beach side). 2,000-5,000 baht.
- Phi Phi Banyan Villa (on Ton Sai Beach, 200 m from the main pier). 2,000-5,200 baht, including breakfast.
- Phi Phi Casita (in Loh Dalum, 5 min walk to the beach and 10 min from Ton Sai). 1,500-4,000 baht.
- Phi Phi Charlie Beach Resort (on Loh Dalum Bay, Phi Phi Don). 100 m from the market, the Ton Sai pier, banks and food shops.1,500-2,500 baht.
- Phi Phi Lagoon Resort (15 min by longtail from Ton Sai Bay to Loh Bagao or Loh Lana Bay), ☏ +66 75 623239, +66 84 8898225, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Remoteness incarnate. This is one of the best get-away family bungalow complexes on the island. It is not even easy to get there as you have to take a taxi boat after you arrive at the main pier. In a coconut orchard, the resort offers comfortable, but simple accommodation. No discos or loud music at night. Air conditioned bungalows. Daily fishing trips and BBQ parties with the owner of the resort is a special touch. Nearest hotel to the beautiful secluded beach at Nui Bay.2,500 baht.
- Phi Phi Viewpoint. Wide variety of rooms from bungalows with fans to air-con with minibar, all with awesome views of the bay. Pool, full service dining, two bars, kayak rentals, diving lessons and a private trail to the viewpoint. Poor food quality, the bill might be higher than listed on menu.1,800-5,900 baht.
- Pong Pan House (near Loh Dalum Beach, centre of Ko Phi Phi). A cheap guesthouse.1,000-1,500 baht.
- Phi Phi Erawan Palms Resort (on Leamtong Beach (Cape of God), the northernmost beach on Ko Phi Phi Don). A luxury beach resort with Thai-style accommodation. A tempting outdoor swimming pool lies looking over the white sand beach and emerald coloured ocean.3,000-9,000 baht.
- Phi Phi Island Cabana. Luxury hotel in Ton Sai Bay. Prime location closest to the main pier with large swimming pool.2,800-20,000 baht.
- Phi Phi Island Resort. A good place for honeymooners. Expensive. Some staff don't speak English.From 4,700 baht.
- Phi Phi Natural Resort (In Laem Tong, north Phi Phi). Public ferries from Krabi or Phuket to the resort are available. Accommodation is amid lush surroundings and the beach is just a short stroll from your cottage.2,500-8,500 baht.
- Phi Phi Palm Tree. Luxury, modern hotel with pool access.4,000-8,500 baht, including breakfast.
- Viking Natures Resort, Viking Beach (15 min walk from town or take a longtail between Maprao and Long Beach), ☏ +66 75 819399, +66 78 5819398, +66 81 9308866, ✉ email@example.com. On the beach amid gardens. Private and shared bungalows with good attention to detail. Safe, clean and environmentally friendly with spectacular views.1,500-12,000 baht.
- Phi Phi The Beach Resort, Long Beach (take a long tail from the pier or walk for 35 min over rocky and sandy terrain), ☏ +66 75 819206, +66 89 8664013, ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 12:00. This resort has all individual cottage rooms at different levels of the lush green hills. It has a private pool and the only beach bar with a fire show in long beach. It is also said to have the best views of Phi Phi Ley.