- Ang Thong National Marine Park — 2 hours away by boat and a great place for a day-trip only (snorkelling, swimming, kayaking, viewpoint over 42 islands) through travel agencies, not on your own. There are huts and tents available. The main highlight when staying on Ko Pha Ngan.
- Bangkok — easily reachable by boat + bus (from 750 baht) or boat + train (1,000-1,250 baht from the island to BKK via air conditioned sleeper train).
- Ko Samui — the biggest and most touristy island (on the east coast) of Thailand, many boats departing for there from 250 baht.
- Ko Tao — "the biggest dive school on the planet" (Songserm express ferry leaving Thong Sala at 12:30 for 250 baht).
- Surat Thani — closest city on the mainland.