For high season (Nov-Feb) it is recommended you book ahead, especially weekends. Although there are many different places to stay, most of them can easily be fully booked during Thai holidays that Western tourists are unaware of. Also, apart from the Klong Chao area, Ko Kut is not an island where you can easily stroll from resort to resort.
About 40% of the resorts remain open during the rainy season (May-Sep). Expect services to be limited during that period. Some restaurants, bars, and shops close, and diving is not always possible.
Accommodation is widely spread out over the island with Klong Chao in the middle where most activity is. Low budget/backpacker accommodation can be found there. Most beach resorts are connected to the main road by dirt tracks.
- Away Resort, Klong Chao, ☏ +66 81 835 4517. The resort recently added a man-made beach behind a rock seawall which makes access to the water difficult. Their advertisement in Bangkok Airways in-flight magazine showing a gently sloping beach has been heavily Photoshopped. The resort features luxury bungalows, with private terraces and sea views from almost every room. Free Wi-Fi. Free kayaking.3,800-10,500 baht.
- Beach Natural Resort, ☏ +66 86 999 9420. Neither a naturist resort nor particularly natural, but the deluxe bungalow is really nice, and the chairs at the end of their long pier is a perfect place to watch the sunset.2,400-6,900 baht.
- Cozy House, Ban Khlong Chao (About 200 m down the road to the waterfall), ☏ +66 85 1014838. Aimed at backpackers. Choice of old bungalows (with shared toilet/shower), new clean fan bungalows with ensuite open air bathroom, and A/C rooms with ensuite bathroom (as of November 2014). Washing machine 50 baht/use. Easy walking distance to a white sandy beach, as well as the waterfall. Backs onto the river estuary for kayaking, visiting waterfall. Sand volleyball court. Weekend BBQs (Sun, Tues, Thurs in high season) with fresh seafood (typical are three kinds of fish, squid, giant prawns, chicken, potatoes and salad for vegetarians). Relaxing atmosphere and a congenial local proprietor. Free, fast Wi-FI Internet for residents (occasionally goes down). Free coffee/tea all day. Kayaks free with stay (150 baht/day otherwise), bicycles (150 baht/day) and motorbikes (250 baht/day) for hire. Visa and MasterCard accepted.300-1,200 baht.
- 1 Dusita Resort, ☏ +66 81 8257076. A family-run operation featuring spotlessly clean air-conditioned bungalows around a well-maintained lawn that spills out onto the beach. Good homemade food available throughout the day. Dusita has its own pier so you can be dropped off directly at the resort by taking the speedboat, which saves the 20-30 ride from the main pier.1,290+ baht.
- For Rest Boutique House, Ban Ao Prao, Ao Prao Beach, ☏ +66 87 0265515. Boutique-style guest house built on stilts in an beautiful estuary, next to mangroves, tiny fisher village, and an endless empty beach.1,200-2,800 baht.
- Horizon Resort (Formerly Hindard Resort) (Northern headland, Ngamkho Bay), ☏ +66 81 781 0308. A lovely small resort right on the water. Sit on the veranda of your bungalow and enjoy the ocean views. Or enjoy a lovely meal in the restaurant with fantastic views. Snorkelling on your doorstep, or rent a kayak or motorbike and go exploring.1,500+ baht.
- Koh Kood Ngamkho Resort, ☏ +66 81 8257076. One of the cheaper resorts on Ko Kut, if not the cheapest. Laid-back resort on the west coast run by a guy called Uncle Joe and his family. Has basic bungalows only 20 m from the beach for 500 baht during low season and 650 baht during peak season (sometimes includes breakfast), bungalows with toilets are 750 baht. Also offers tents for 200 baht. The resort is on a beautiful strip of a white sand beach lined with coconut trees. Motorbikes and kayaks are available for rent on a daily/half-day basis. 15 minute walk or boat ride to one of Ko Kut's main attractions, Klong Jao Waterfall.850+ baht.
- Koh Kood Resort ((Formerly Holiday Cottage Koh Kood)), Bang Bao Bay, ☏ +66 87 026 5415. Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 12:00. Japanese-style bungalows in a botanical garden starting from 700 baht in low season. Free use of kayaks. Free Wi-Fi for guests.700-2,700 baht.
- Klong Chao Garden View (Formerly Klong Chao Seaview), Klong Chao, ☏ +66 87 9083593. Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 12:00. Close to Klong Chao Beach (200 m) and waterfall (3 km). Family restaurant and motorbike rentals.400+ baht (500 high season, 700 with breakfast).
- Neverland Beach Resort, Ao Jark Beach, ☏ +66 81 4565486, +66 81 7626254. Popular among Russian tour groups. Features sweeping coconut groves with well-manicured lawns with a boules and football facilities. Hammocks and sun chairs are positioned on the threshold of the shoreline, as does a beachside bar (apparently high season only). Many a pleasant hour can be had sleeping to the sound of the waves. The downside is that it's miles from anywhere, so your "stuff to do" list is going to run short without access to transport. Paid access to taxis advertised at the resort seems expensive at 800 baht per trip. Snorkelling equipment available and a series of rocks on the south end of the beach allow the observation of some sea creatures. The owner speaks Russian and a Russian language menu and sign are visible in the restaurant, which offers a fair selection, though island-inflated prices top some cheaper venues. Single kayak available with single-ended paddle.1,300-2,600 baht; tent 500-600 baht.
- Soneva Kiri Koh Kood, 110 Moo 4, ☏ +66 39 619800. Free Wi-Fi.23,077-158,663 baht (low-season).
- 2 Sea Far Resort, 26/5 Moo 2, Koh Kood, Trat 23000 Thailand (www.kokutexpress.com , www.kohkoodcatamaran.com), ☏ +66 8-007-007-64. Beautifully converted old Sea Containers stand right on the seemingly endless Ao Tapao beach. More spacious family and couple bungalows stand only 20 meters further from the sea in an old coconut plantation.
- Happy Days Guesthouse, 42/5 M2 Ban Klong Chao. Koh Kood. Trat 23000.bThailand, ☏ +66656097835, ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 2 pm, check-out: 12 midday. Happy Days is a budget guesthouse. Air and fan rooms in a tropical garden. Close to Klong Chao beach. Part of Paradise Dvers.