- La Gondola, Taina Rd (200 m from Kata Centre). Trattoria-style Italian restaurant with a wide menu of classic Italian dishes. Pizza and seafood. Large portions at reasonable prices.
- Le Gran Prix (on Taina Rd). Casual little French restaurant. Food is good and prices are reasonable.
- The Red Chair Cafe (Koktanod Rd). 11:00-22:00. A great place for Thai food. Food is cheap, service is good, seems clean. Popular with locals and expats.70-120 baht.
- Red Chair Plus (Koktanod Rd). Up-scale, serves Western and Thai food. Try the excellent fajitas.200+ baht.
- Summer Coffee House, 184/1 Khoktanod Rd (road between Kata Yai and Kata Noi). 09:00-22:00. Nice air conditioned cafe with Internet stations and free Wi-Fi. Purchase of a drink gets you 15 free minutes of Internet access. Has good pastries and desserts.
- The Tube, Koktanod Rd (across from 7-11, walk east on Koktanod Rd, away from the beach and main road). 19:30-?. Excellent all-you-can-eat BBQ. Chicken, pork chops, ribs, salad bar, bread, and baked potatoes. Try the delicious chili. Watch surf movies while you eat. Owners are super cool.199 baht.